Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) is an insulating concrete form made of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) foam, that provides the mold for the concrete wall. This home construction process provides two built-in layers of foam insulation, and makes much of your home building materials recyclable (rebar, ties and concrete are all also recyclable). Not only that, but your long-lasting ICF Home provides:
- Greater energy efficiency
- Improved sound insulation (concrete walls have a sound reduction rating of 55 dB)
- Better air quality (allergen- and pest-free and moisture-resistant materials)
- Extreme durability (200 year life expectancy)
- Earth-friendly (save up to 47 trees on a 2,000 sq. ft. home)
- Insurance discounts (in most cases, an average of 25% is saved)
- ICF homes are priced very competitively with traditional “stick built” homes.
When you take into account all the additional benefits they have, the true value of your custom ICF home simply cannot be matched.
Insulated Concrete Form blocks (ICF) are an innovative technology that produce a superior product for building the custom home of your dreams. The forms are rigid foam panels which are stacked, reinforced with steel bars and filled with concrete. This creates a solid and strong structural wall. ICF walls can be fitted with any exterior finish – from brick to stucco, from wood to vinyl siding – the choice is yours. Contact us with questions or to discuss your new home construction or remodeling project.
We can also provide you the home owner with a variety of services from custom finish flooring, pex tube installation, and decorative stamped indoor and outdoor concrete.